Tuesday 14 August 2007

Watford win again!

Although it was a cup game. Against a lower league club - Gillingham. Which funnily enough used to be MY team when I was growing up in the Medway Towns. I spent a few of my teenage years going to Priestfield Road and a few away games, watching the Gills play.

So tonight we won 3 nil. And Saturday is our first league home game. BUT I really, really hope it is a nice day. As much as I love my football, sitting there in the wind and the rain is not my idea of fun...especially when we are losing! I love the first few days of the new season when the weather is hot and sunny and I meet up with the people who sit around me and catch up after a few months off.

But tonight was a good result and I am happy.

No scrapbooking tonight. It has been a long couple of days at work and I am too tired to be creative. May be tomorrow. I have a lot to do for the magazine and the next two weekends are tied up with University visits; Keele on Sunday, Liverpool on Monday and Nottingham the following weekend. Holly is going to Brighton with a friend on the 29th, so we just need to fit in Bristol now. Oh and St Georges in London. But that should be fairly easy although as usual their open day clashes with Brighton's...as has happened with quite a few of the actual open days. We are planning on seeing Aberdeen in September although Holly now thinks that that is too far away. Expensive to get home for visits as flying will be the only option...but we will probably still have a look.

Hey - what is it with the weather? It was more like winter than summer today. I almost couldn't see the cars in front of me on the motorway this morning...it was so grey and the rain was non-stop. And this is summer? Did I miss something??

No comments: