Sunday 19 August 2007

Does it ever stop raining?

It rained most of the way up to Keele. It rained ALL day whilst we looked around the University and it rained most of the way back! In fact the only time I noticed it wasn't raining was when we came off the M25 at Watford....or was that because I couldn't see the rain for the queue of cars??!! Just lovely.

But....we had a great day at Keele. It is very different from Manchester Uni although their course was based on Manchester's until this year when they start their own degree. The medical building was fab. The students seemed keen and happy with the place. The talks were informative and reassuring with regards to how little weight they attach to AS grades when offering interviews. They also gave a lot of useful information on how to approach your personal statement and interview if offered one. The accommodation was a little basic...especially for £90 a week. I'm glad I'm not the student! All in all though, a very positive day.

My camera however stayed firmly in the boot of the car. Not one photo. Nada. Way too much rain!

Now, having got home, thinking of a curry and a large glass of Chardonnay pretty much all the way home, Holly has decided she wants to make dinner....something healthy! Huh? Since when did I bring my daughter up like that?!! But I'm sure it will be perfect :)

No comments: