Monday 27 August 2007

Lazy day

So today I did nothing. Made lots of plans for being busy during the rest of the week, but not today. We went down to the petshop to take back our loach which had grown about four times it's original size and now was being incredibly aggresive towards the other fish. I was on the phone a couple of days ago when I looked over and saw that it had our oldest fish, Bubble in it's mouth and was dragging him around. Poor Bubble was bleeding from his fins and lost every bit of his gold colour. We have treated him and the water, isolated him but he isn't picking up at all. He is still white with bloody streaks in his tail. His tail and fins have just disintigrated in pieces and he is mostly upside down. There is nothing else we can do for him apart from wait and see if he gets over the shock. He has hung on for the last two days but seems so poorly. Such a shame because he is our original fantail and he was this deep reddy gold colour with spots of sparkly gold and huge frondlike fins and tail. He has grown so much over the last few years and up until Saturday appeared quite happy and healthy - well as much as a fish can I guess.

This evening we all went over to Sam's for a barbeque which was very nice. A couple of hours relaxing except for a few minutes panic when her two year old neice flicked a spadeful of sand over my Nikon D200 as I was taking photos. I am really, really hoping that it hasn't got inside the workings. I cleaned it all off and then put it away. It appears OK but here's keeping my fingers crossed. So no photos from tonight.

No comments: