Sunday 2 September 2007

Watford and Lincoln

I spent the weekend in Lincoln, visiting my mum who has not long come out of hospital after an operation to rebuild her foot. She will be in plaster for at least 3months, the first 6 weeks are non weight bearing....possibly longer. It depends on the first check up.

So I went to see Watford play on Saturday. They won 2 nil against Ipswich - my 'favourite' club as a child. We all have our Premiership favourites although in those days it was Division One. Mine was Ipswich because of Paul Mariner (who these days runs a coaching school in the US I think?). I never saw them play though....just Gillingham my local club. But you could dream as a kid. Now I have seen them play lots of times, but it isn't quite the same lol.

Anyway, great game. Ipswich were quite poor and Watford brilliant and they deserve to be second in the table. Well they deserve to be top but Coventry put paid to that!

The drive up to Lincoln was not too bad, around 2 1/2 hours. My mum is fine, doing really well. She has a light weight wheelchair for getting around in and can do pretty much everything at home.

The next day, my sister Eileen and Josh came over. They are going to stay for a few days. We went down to Whisby Nature Reserve for lunch which was very nice. We did plan to go for a walk but it started spitting with rain so we headed back instead. I stopped for coffee then headed back home. The thought of Sunday evening traffic wasn't too enticing but actually it was a pretty quick run back all things considered.


No comments: