Thursday 20 September 2007

Exams...

Oh my...I have so much catching up to do I'm not even sure that I will remember everything that has happened over the last two weeks or so. But for today...

I took the day off to be with Holly as she had a couple of exams. The first was her driving theory test and the second was the UKCAT apptitude test that she has to take if she wants to study medicine. Well I have been nagging over the last few weeks and Holly has been working on both although the Uni one can not be revised for, just examples practised.

So we went up to Watford first thing and although we were early, Holly was able to take the theory test straight away. I wasn't allowed to wait at the centre so I found a little cafe nearby and waited...

Great news, Holly passed the theory test, 49/50 for the Highway Code and 49/75 for the hazzards section. We had a couple of hours to wait until the next one so we went into Watford to my favourite coffee shop 'Presence' and had a civilised breakfast, Whilst I worked on my tax return (main reason why I haven't done anything else over the last few days lol) Holly worked on her examples. Then it was time to head back up to the test centre for the second exam...where the receptionist informed us that Holly could have sat the second one straight away but he didn't realise she was doing two until she had left! Oh well....I left her for the second one and rushed back home, hung the washing out and other bits of housework, then walked back up to the test centre again. I must have walked about 5 miles today which has to be a good thing right?!

Holly was waiting outside. I think that she was just happy and relieved that it was all over and she didn't have to stress about it anymore. Her overall mark was 615 out of 900 which is right in the middle of average (that being between 500 and 700)so hopefully it will be OK when it comes to applying for medicine.

After walking Holly back to school I went to Borders where I spent a couple of hours looking through the various photography books before settling on one by Tom Ang. I did find a really good one but it was £25 so I want to see if I can find it cheaper on Amazon. This one is not too large so it will fit in my handbag if necessary.

Then it was to Tescos, shopping, back home, time to clean out the kitchen cupboards and fridge before putting the food away, dinner and back to sorting out all my paperwork so that I can work out my tax return. Nothing like leaving it to the last minute - again lol. At least all my paperwork is in order; the current stuff filed and old stuff sorted and put away. Now I can just work out my figures and get it sent off before the deadline.

This is going to be another busy weekend. Anita Mundt (from the SIDT)is coming over for a visit next week and is going to stop with me for a couple of days. I am really looking forward to meeting her but I DO need to get my place cleaned up before she arrives as it is looking somewhat messy! So Roy is on cleaning duties, not sport on TV and remote control protection duties this weekend and we can blitz the place together! Plus I have bags of stuff needing to go up to the charity shop, the dump and in the loft which I just never seem to get around to doing. Well that is going get done as well lol.

OK, so that was today. I shall try and catch up on some back posts later.

No comments: