Monday 30 July 2007

Manchester Uni

Holly and I have come up to Manchester to stay with my sister. For me it is just a couple of days; long enough to say hello and make a visit to Manchester University as this is one of the places Holly is considering.

And this is why I LOVE staying with my sister!



She has a fab kitchen, full of space, colour and light. A place to sit and chat, to drink a glass of wine whilst preparing dinner and the only place for breakfast. In the morning the sun streams in and it is just the perfect place to sit at the breakfast bar, reading the paper and drinking coffee. Oh yes...I forgot the smoked salmon bagels! I can't stay too long there because I ALWAYS put on weight!!



So today, we set off on the train because my nephew Josh is infatuated by trains and head for Oxford Road where the main campus is situated.





Whilst Eileen and Josh head for the museum, Holly and I pick up a tour guide and take a look at some of the buildings. Unfortunately we can't go inside the Med School for security reasons but we are able to pick up a more detailed prospectus. We wander around some of the Victorian buildings and take a look in the main Uni library before heading back into the centre of Manchester, to do a little shopping before heading back home. Holly finds a new suit and a couple of blouses which will be perfect for her work experience in Tameside Hospital the following week. I can't believe how grown up she looks.



It is then time for me to head back down to London as I have day full off meetings tomorrow. But would you believe it the train I need to catch is seriously delayed, so I will miss my connections and my ticket is only valid for that journey! So it is back to the Virgin staff to negotiate a new route which gets me home, but very late, and I finally get to bed around midnight.

No comments: