Thursday 24 May 2007

Manchester

My boss retired today and invited our team out for lunch. We went to a local Tapas bar just south of the river and all shared a mixture of dishes. It is the second time that I have been to this place and the meal was wonderful, spicy chorizo, garlic prawns, chilli spiced fried potatoes just to name a few dishes. We walked out into the hot sunshine afterwards and I just wanted to go to sleep!

After finishing work, I went straight to Victoria to catch my coach to Manchester. I was going up there for the weekend as we had tickets to see Il Divo on the Friday. So after 4 1/2 hours on the coach, a 1/2 hour wait at Manchester for the train to Cheadle Hulme and a short walk the other end, I finally get there for about 10.30pm!
Fortunately there was a very large, very cold glass of wine waiting for me....

No comments: